Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Enemy at the Gates

   First off let me start by saying what an AWESOME movie this truly is. It really depicts how different Russia and Germany were fighting. Although in the beginning I didn't understand why the Russians were killing their own people. That was just a dumb move to me. But, maybe they thought they could spare a few cowards since they had a much larger army than Germany.Throughout the entirety of the movie I honestly thought Germany was going to win. Even though Russia had more men (larger army), the Germans were absolutely slaughtering them with their bombs and aircraft's. At least, that's how I saw it. All the techniques I saw that Russia used were guns and bombs, and I figured that couldn't possibly overtake planes that can destroy groups of people much faster than guns can.
   Although it was a good movie, the ending was just ridiculous. First of all, I think that Tania should have died. It would have made for such a better ending.But, maybe that's because I like when movies have different endings than just the typical happy ending. It would have been more realistic. Also, when Vassili went to go kill the major, he should of gotten him from far away. Come on now! It would have made him seem like more of a hero. Anyone could just shoot someone that's 5 feet away from them, it would have taken much more skill to kill the major sniper while your a snipping as well. Other than that, the movie was just great.   

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked it! And sorry for scaring you with slamming of my cabinet door!

    ReplyDelete