Thursday, December 23, 2010

Berliners recall Red Army atrocities

   When I began reading this article, I was just mind blown. I couldn't believe that the Russian Army actually did this to German women. In fact, not even only German women. The Red Army did this to young girls, and basically any women that was in their path. I suppose I can understand their resentment, but I don't understand why they would take revenge on women, when they weren't involved in government affairs. They obliged to Hitler because they believed in what he said. They were brainwashed to think that Hitler was doing good, and helping their country rise to the top again. When I got to the section about Shattering Taboos, I was extremely shocked. I found it kind of cowardly that the German government is trying to stay on good terms with the Russian government. I'm not saying that they should have started a war, but I think that they should recognize what happened. Their basically ignoring what happened to their own people. The least that could be done, is to give the women that were put through all of the rape, abortion, disease, and broken marriages more sympathy and respect.What they were put through was unbelievable and unbearable, and to have their suffering ignored is just sick and heartless.

1 comment:

  1. I agree,it is pretty heartless to ignore their suffering.I also agree with you on the German government not facing Russia that it happened.

    ReplyDelete