Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Freedom Denied

   While I was reading "Freedom Denied," I became extremely enraged. I kept wondering, "why are the rights of American citizens being taken away just based on their ethnicity?" To be isolated away from everything that you've known is outrageous! How did they know if a Japanese person was a spy or not. Based on the fact that the put them away into camps without even having evidence of these alleged acts is just ridiculous. I think that the only reason they victimized the Japanese people of America is out of racism and revenge. They had to take out their frustration and anger with the Japanese by locking away the Japanese people of America. I could see maybe if they had a legitimate cause for the speculation, like maybe a threat or catching someone actually giving out information to the Japs, but as far as I know, they had no proof of spying or anything of that nature. They locked away innocent people out of ignorance and hatred. These people had nothing to do with the attack on Pearl Harbor. The actions that were taken against them were unnecessary and cruel.

No comments:

Post a Comment